Friday 14 September 2018

Digital ignition

Today brings us to our final session of three. We recapped the story of Maui, using picture prompts which Lyn held up. 

The key vocabulary is:
Algorithm - (a set of Clear Step-by-step instructions)
Bug - something wrong
Debugging - fixing the bug
Decomposition - when you have a problem, you reduce it down to make it better and work.

We talked about plastic bag use and the discussion around them in the news.
Only 1% of plastic shopping bags are recycled. If they go to the dump, they blow away and get into the water. They kill as many as one million sea creatures each year. 

Today we are going to communicate an idea to make a difference, using Scratch Jnr on an iPad. 



4 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Fatima and I am a student in room 18 at Owairaka primary school. I really like how you guys were talking about plastic bags and how they are bad to the environment and to the animals. If you want to check out my blog here is the link http://odsfatimab.blogspot.co.nz/

    Blog ya later!





























    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Nadir i like how you working in a group with three people like how you used i i pad you were working nicely and i like how you were using sketch if you want to see my blog this is a link https://odsnadirk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Ivan. I like sea creatures and in our school, we earn kaitiakitanga tickets which means caring for our environment,picking up rubbish and putting rubbish in the right bin. Do you earn rewards when you are a kaitiaki? Please check out my blog,the link is https://odsziw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi its Jack from Karoro School
    I think that next time you should look at using the real scratch.
    even though its a little bit more complicated you should be able to use it. if you did use the real scratch my account is jpk12345678

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.