Wednesday 17 October 2018

KiwiCan

We are focusing on resilience this term.

Kiwi can says keeping calm and in control, helps us all to reach our goals.

We played 'The rain pours down' game,  where the person in the middle says "the rain pours down on everyone with..." then those people get up and swap chairs. The person left over gets to pick the next thing.
The Rain Pours Down...
We are talking about goals, which ties in really well with the SMART goals we've been setting in class.
We had a great discussion about what we need to do to earn points for our class this term. 
We set a short term goal for the next week, something small that we can achieve. It might be picking up a couple of pieces of rubbish at lunchtime; helping cook dinner; taking the wheelie bins out...

5 comments:

  1. hi my name is Lorenzo from Owairaka school. I like the way how you guys set goals and that you guys earn points for your class I like this blog post very much
    if you want to visit my blog it is https://odslorenzos.blogspot.com/
    thank you bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorenzo. It's really great to set goals! I'm a list maker... I like to write myself To D lists, then cross things off as I do them. We are working really hard on not calling out or keeping people waiting in class. This is what our points are based on at the moment. Do you know that you can Reply with your name as the link to your blog, so that people could just click on that to find your blog!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there my name is Fatima and I am a student in room 18 at Owairaka primary school. That seems a really fun learning game, I hope we could try do this in my class. If you want to check out my blog here is the link http://odsfatimab.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fatima,
      I like to include an explanation of how to play the games so that our readers might have a go at it too.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.