Wednesday 19 September 2018

Uru Manuka Student Summit

On Thursday, 15 students from Gilberthorpe School travelled just down the road to Hornby High School to present and attend the 2nd Uru Manuka Student Summit.

This full day action packed event focused on creative and collaborative use of digital technologies to promote innovation and learning. The programme included problem solving challenges, breakouts, hands-on workshops and demonstrations led by students for students.
There were 24 sessions, each about 45 minutes. The Summit ran from 9.15am until about 1pm.


After the students returned from the Summit (and enjoyed a well earned lunch!), they then spent the afternoon teaching our other Te Ara Takitini Students about a toolkit they attended.

6 comments:

  1. Hi gilborthorps school My name is Jonathon from yms.
    I like the way that you included lots of information.
    the facts you have used are really good like how long the sessions were.
    To improve you could mabey add what thing's you did .
    Jonathon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonathon, I've tried a few things out from the google summit. You might like to check out some of the blogs from students who were there, to see what they did etc. Maybe you could set a goal for being a presenter at next years Student Summit.

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the student summit!
    Kia ora Gilberthorpes, my name is Jedi and I am a year seven at Y.M.S. It's nice to see you guys posting again!I especially love this post, because I went to the student summit! It was so much fun, I loved piktochart the best. What did you like? And what did you present?

    And I agree with Jonathan, maybe you could have added what you did, Or presented. But overall it was great!

    Keep up the great work Gilberthorpe!

    Jedi =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedi, I use Piktochart to make lots of posters and certificates. It's a really handy tool to use and be able to share online. I hope that you're already thinking about what you might teach at next years summit.

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora! my name is Maddison I am a year six at YMS I also was one of the lucky people who got to go to student summit and was very please achelly I am in one of the photos it was me doing scratch I was sitting next to my friend abby.It was very kind of you to share the photos and what you thought about it Thank you very much. I really like they way you created this blog post with all of the photos.

    Kind regards Maddison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Maddison. It's a great event and something I get really excited bout going to. We have such fabulously talented students in our Uru Manuka cluster!!!

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.